An Introduction to Astrology - Part II
Day: Wednesdays 7 - 9pm (Spring Term 2019 only)
Course length: 8 sessions (16 hrs)
Price : 210 Euros
Instructor: Penny STEFFEN
Recap of the material in the previous course with special focus on:
1. The planetary aspects in the birth chart and how different aspects pay out and how to make the best use of them. A recoup of the main aspect patterns and what they mean.
- 2. Practice in picking out the other main points in a birth chart (covered in 1st part of the course) and how this helps to streamline our analysis.
- 3. A study of the phases of the Moon in its monthly cycle and what this means:
- (a) The Moon’s phase at the time of our birth
- (b) The effect of the phases of the Moon on our lives during it’s 28/29 day cycle (ie New Moon, 1st quarter, Full Moon, 2nd quarter).
- (c) The current position of the Moon in our progressed/current day birth day chart and how this influences our lives in the longer term. For example, every 2 and a half years the Moon in our birth chart will progress (move) into a different zodiac sign and bring new opportunities our way.
- 4. Retrograde planets
- What it means when a planet is Retrograde at the time of our birth; and
- How the effects of the planets moving into Retrograde and Direct motion influence our lives based on the position of the planets in our birth charts.
- 5. Practice in analyzing a birth chart, using all the above points.
- 6. Learning to read an Ephemeris (a book of tables showing the daily movement of the Sun and moon and planets).
- 7. Transits and Progressions Learning to use an Ephemeris to recognize when the transiting planets in the sky contact the exact degree of a planet in our birth chart and what it means. The sun and other planets also progress (move) one degree for each year of our lives – what does this mean?
- 8. A brief look at a chart cast for your birthday (a Solar Return) and how this can give us extra information on the main opportunities and challenges in our birthday year.
A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 persons is required for this course to take place.